Last updated: 8 Apr 2021
Holiday weekends are best spent in your RV. But cooking an elaborate Easter dinner in your RV may same like a difficult feat. These Easter recipes are easy to make in your compact RV kitchen, but they’re guaranteed to make everyone ask for seconds.
Creamy Au Gratin Potatoes
What you need:
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups milk
- 4 russet potatoes (sliced)
- 1 onion (sliced)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your RV oven to 400 degrees.
- Butter a 1-quart casserole dish.
- Place half of the potatoes at the bottom of the casserole dish, then layer the onion slices on top.
- Place the remaining potatoes on top and season them with salt and pepper to taste.
- Melt butter in a medium-sized saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir the flour and salt into the saucepan and whisk for one minute. Stir in the milk and cook until the mixture thickens.
- Stir in the cheese until it is fully melted.
- Pour the cheese mixture over your potatoes, and cover the casserole dish with tin foil.
- Bake for 1.5 hours, and enjoy.
Sweet and Savory Ham
What you need:
- 2 cups honey
- 2/3 cup butter
- 1 ready-to-eat ham (5 pounds)
- 1/4 cup whole cloves
- 1/4 cup dark corn syrup
- Preheat your RV oven to 325 degrees.
- Score the ham and insert the whole cloves into the cuts.
- Place the ham in a tin foil lined baking pan.
- Use a double boiler to heat the honey, syrup and butter into a glaze.
- Brush the glaze onto the ham, then bake the ham for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Keep the remainder of the glaze warm and baste your ham with it every 15 minutes.
- Turn on the broiler to carmelize the glaze for the final 5 minutes of cooking.
Leave a Reply